Friday, November 9, 2012

Have you made your Christmas list!

Dusty the Dog with Chunky Cable 100% Baby Alpaca Scarf....Lucky Dog
PS...nobody would model this scarf for me, so Dusty volunteered
I have good news! There is still 55 days until Christmas....so make your gift giving list, and get out your knitting needles, you still have time to give handmade and not technology. Enough with Ipods and Ipads, they'll never guess their getting handmade socks and scarves. I've made my list, kids ( three of them), siblings ( three also), best friends ( that would be three). That's nine knitted goodies....55 days divided by nine is 6 days per item  with no time for Christmas baking, fun and frivolity. Lets get Cracking.

Son number one loves BIG BIG BIG Chunky scarves, think Vogue cat walk......Using Pollikas lovely Ancient Art soft grey hand painted yarn called Pieces Of Eight, and blending it with Jeanette Sloan Chunky 100% baby Alpaca, add three fabulous cables, makes this yummy scarf oh so soft, warm and wonderful.



Beautiful Grey "Basalt" yarn By Ancient Arts
Son number two is always looking to cover his head so he can travel incognito.......a slouchy toque will be perfect. Since grey is the NEW brown and to be truly with it you have to use grey, I chose Ancient Arts DK Merino, called "Basalt".
Slouchy Toque
Daughter number one..........Lost on this one...perhaps a cowl...I'll get back to you, or if you have any great ideas please let me know. We have to stick together when it comes to Christmas gift giving.

Brother One and Two.....one lives in Winnipeg, affectionately called "Winter Peg" and the other loves anything handmade....socks......I'm thinking socks...simple pack around, so you can knit socks.

Winter Socks from 4ply Bluefaced Leicester
Special Sister....mmmm mohair lace shawl...just because I love her.
Last but never least, my posse...three special friends, I have to treat them equal, so fingerless gloves. I have the perfect pattern from Ravelry...Vancouver Fog...sports a great cable for a little detail but very easy to knit, I also have the perfect yarn, pure DK Fawn Yak  for conservative buddy number one, hand painted Merino Cashmere form Indigo Dragonfly for buddy number two ( she's the crazy one), and "Swash buckle" by Ancient Arts for the mediator ( buddy number three) ..Whew.....that's my list for now...........wheres yours?
Perhaps Pollika can help...take a look at www.pollika.com for inspiration!
Swash buckle Fingerless gloves....I can hardly wait to start these ones

No comments:

Welcome to Pollika's blog

Lesley & Tina are proud to be the North American distributors for Yarnundyed, Knitglobal Yarn, Swiss designed high quality handmade shawl pins, De Witte Engel felt products and Dutch manufactured buttons. Our luxurious natural fibers and highest quality accessories are beautiful to work with and create artful treasured legacies. We share stories and pictures of projects we created and experiences we have with are so beloved products!

We always love to hear form you! info@pollika.com

About Us

My Photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Imagine a day at work where you surround yourself with unique Swiss designed shawl pins, gorgeous buttons created in Holland, oh so precious yarns from the UK, and fabulous high quality felt and felting accessories, plus wonderfully, eclectic, full of life and spirit fibre artists. Knitting, felting and crochet it happens all in Pollika’s world. Just so you know English is my second language, here and there my fast thinking brain cells get confused and infected with my first language: Dutch. So, most posts are going to be written in ‘Denglish’. The will be accompanied by Lesley’s photography talent, that likes me to believe they will be clear, inspiring and bring a smile to your face! We welcome your comments! Tina